Release date: November 23, 2020
About this release
- Version 5.14 of DRACOON for iOS for on-premises users was released on November 23, 2020 as a separate app on the App Store under the name DRACOON Server.
- With version 5.14 for on-premises customers, a separate version of DRACOON for iOS is available for the first time that will receive future updates independently from the regular DRACOON cloud app.
- Starting with the current version 5.14, the new app for on-premises users will offer long-term compatibility with DRACOON Server.
- Version 5.14 of DRACOON for iOS for on-premises users is compatible with both the current LTS release 2019-1 (server version 4.12) and the upcoming DRACOON Server release for on-premises customers.
Required migration to the new DRACOON Server app for on-premises users
On-premises users who currently use DRACOON for iOS should remove the app from the device now and instead install the new DRACOON Server app, which was released especially for on-premises users because the regular DRACOON app will no longer be compatible with DRACOON Server in the long term.
New features, improvements, and optimizations since version 5.13
- Support for password policies: Version 5.14 of DRACOON for iOS for on-premises users supports the new password policy capabilities that will be introduced in the upcoming release of DRACOON Server, and displays corresponding notes when entering passwords, if necessary (A configuration interface for the new password policies will be available in the DRACOON Web App that will be released with DRACOON Server).
- Support for the updated client-side encryption (use of keys of length 4096 bit instead of 2048 bit): Version 5.14 of DRACOON for iOS for on-premises users now supports 4096-bit keys for the client-side encryption, which ensures secure encryption for the long term. The new keys will be available with DRACOON Server. However, this version of DRACOON for iOS continues to support the previously used 2048 bit file keys—the recognition of the used key length is done automatically and requires no intervention by end-users or administrators.
- Optimizations for iOS 14: Version 5.14 of DRACOON for iOS for on-premises users supports new features of iOS 14 like the new photo and date pickers and new command menus. In addition, uploading photos or the camera roll under iOS 14 no longer requires user permission.
- This version of DRACOON for iOS also includes numerous minor improvements and optimizations, notably in the user interface—for example, the headings for favorites or settings are now displayed in the new style of iOS 13.
- Version 5.14 of DRACOON for iOS for on-premises users contains some bug fixes that resolve problems in the app.
For a detailed list of bug fixes, please refer to the technical release notes (see below).
Technical release notes
All changes in DRACOON for iOS version 5.14 for on-premises users can be found in the technical release notes: