The next release of DRACOON for on-premises customers is scheduled for release in Q4 2020. It will include the newly developed new DRACOON Web App.
A preview version of the new DRACOON Web App is now available for on-premises customers for early testing.
Get hands-on experience with the new DRACOON Web App now.
Questions about the new DRACOON Web App
The new DRACOON Web App is the successor to the current DRACOON Web App. It is a completely new product and has been redesigned from scratch. The new web app has already replaced the previous web app on the DRACOON cloud in December 2019 and will be available for on-premises installations in the next DRACOON release.
Time has come for a new DRACOON web app!
Web technologies have evolved dramatically over the last few years, e.g. through continuous innovations in HTML5. Today, web browsers offer technical possibilities unthinkable just a few years ago. Web applications taking advantage of those new web technologies are no longer inferior to classic desktop applications. Modern frameworks such as Angular offer a powerful basis for the design and development of enormously powerful and user-friendly web applications, which can be equally used on mobile devices as well as on traditional computers.
Therefore, in 2018, we started creating a new web app from scratch: a completely new solution without any of the existing limitations, built from the ground up and using the latest web technologies.
- Faster overall performance
- Smoother user experience in general by converting many blocking operations into background processes (e.g. uploads in the background, no more delays when displaying long lists)
- Responsive design (the new web app can be fully used on mobile devices)
- More clarity, modern appearance, and higher usability (UX), e.g. by following Google's Material Design principles
- Easier expandability with new features through a new architecture with stronger modularity; this should also simplify the testing of newly developed features in the future and ensure the best possible quality of new releases.
Of course, the new web app also includes new features that are not yet available in the current web app.
Examples of new features:
- File comments (to discuss files with your team, for example)
- Rich notifications
- Profile pictures for users
- Upload of entire folder structures using drag and drop
- Upload queue with a separate display of completed and failed uploads
- Shared files can be replaced by a new version of the file while preserving the share link.
- When uploading files to encrypted data rooms, it is no longer required to manually create file keys for other users (now happens automatically in the background)
With very few exceptions, the new web app includes all the features of the previous web app (and of course a lot of new features).
After redesigning the entire web app from scratch and putting all existing features to the test, we decided to no longer include a few existing features from the previous web app.
Please note that the branding cannot be changed in the preview version and that the default DRACOON branding will be displayed there.
We support all modern browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, the new Microsoft Edge, or Safari for the new web app.
Please note that Internet Explorer 11 is no longer supported for the new web app.
See also: Discontinuation of support for Internet Explorer
Questions about the preview version
Through the preview version, you can get early hands-on experience with the new web app and try out new features and the redesigned user interface. This helps you prepare your IT support and your end customers for the switch to the new web app in Q4.
The preview version is available to all DRACOON customers and partners as well as their end customers who run DRACOON on their own servers (on-premises).
All technical contacts of our on-premises customers get their own DRACOON environment of the preview version. After logging in, up to 4 additional users can be created who can also use the same DRACOON environment.
You can find the preview version of the new DRACOON Web App for on-premises customers at lts.dracoon.team. This preview version is hosted on the DRACOON cloud.
All persons who are known to us as technical contact persons of our on-premises customers will automatically receive login data to the preview environment lts.dracoon.team within the next few days.
If you have not received login data, please contact DRACOON Support (after checking your spam mail folder first) to request login data.
- In the preview version, a maximum of 5 users can be added. They share a free space of 5 GB.
- The preview version doesn't include a preview for pictures yet.
- In the preview version, the system settings (e.g. configuration of S3 storage or Active Directory) are not available.
- No individual branding can be defined for the preview version.
- The preview version should only be used for trial and not in production use.
The preview version of the new DRACOON Web App is the same as the current regular version that is already available for productive use to all our DRACOON cloud customers. Until the release of the final LTS version of the new DRACOON Web App in Q4, further improvements are being developed—such as a viewer for PDF files, which is currently not yet available.
Simply click the Feedback button in the header area of the new web app to submit your feedback.
We look forward to your feedback!
No, you can try out the preview version of the new web app without obligation.
Do you have further questions about the new web app or the preview version?
Simply submit a support request to us—we will be happy to help.