Release date (DRACOON cloud): May 20, 2020
About this release
Version 5.5 of the new DRACOON Web App was deployed on the DRACOON cloud on May 20, 2020 and replaces the previous version 5.4.
Improved workflow when creating and editing shares and file requests
In version 5.5 of the new DRACOON Web App, the workflows for creating and editing shares and file requests have been completely revised and simplified. The changes we've made also incorporate customer feedback.
- Before a share or file request is created, detailed information about the selected item, such as file icon, file size, and modification date, is displayed at the top of the dialog box. This makes it easier to verify that the correct item is selected for the share or file request, respectively.
- The two most frequently used settings for shares and file requests—expiration date and password—can now be specified directly; it is no longer necessary to open the separate Settings dialog box first.
- The other settings for shares and file requests are now easier to find due to the label Advanced settings.
- Shares are now no longer created immediately when clicking Share, but only after clicking Create share link in the next step. The same applies to file requests. This prevents the unintentional creation of shares or file requests, respectively.
- The notification about the usage of a share is now activated by a button with a bell—similar to other notifications in the DRACOON Web App:
Internal note for shares and file requests
You can now add an internal note to each share and file request. It can be used, for example, to inform other DRACOON users about the purpose of a certain share. The internal note is displayed in the list of created shares or file requests in the right side panel after selecting a share or file request.
Minor improvements and optimizations
This update of the new DRACOON Web App offers some minor improvements, for example when displaying file versions, and optimizations.
This update of the new DRACOON Web App includes bug fixes that resolve problems in the new DRACOON Web App.
For a detailed list of fixes, please see the technical release notes below.
Technical release notes
The technical release notes list all changes included in version 5.5 of the DRACOON Web App.
List of changes in the DRACOON Web App 5.5