Release date: December 11, 2019
About this release
Version 4.16 of DRACOON Server was deployed on the DRACOON cloud on December 11, 2019 and replaces the previous version 4.14.4.
- Version 4.16 of DRACOON Server now supports S3 direct upload.
What does this mean?
If you have connected S3 storage such as NetApp to DRACOON (under System Settings > Storage), files uploaded to DRACOON are now automatically transferred directly to the S3 storage and no longer have to take a detour to the DRACOON storage, where they had to be temporarily stored first before finally being forwarded to the S3 storage.
What's the benefit?
S3 direct upload allows much higher transfer speeds and reduced data traffic when using S3 storage. If, for example, the connected S3 storage is located on-site, the uploaded files don't have to be uploaded to the DRACOON cloud storage first, but are directly transferred to your S3 storage located in your house at the maximum speed of your local network.
S3 direct upload is a new DRACOON feature of great importance that makes the use of S3 storage in conjunction with DRACOON highly practicable.
Can S3 direct upload be used immediately after release of DRACOON Server version 4.16?
S3 direct upload must be supported by the client used to upload to DRACOON.
Support for S3 direct upload in the DRACOON clients is as follows:
Availability Client Now · DRACOON for iOS (since version 5.8)
· DRACOON for Android (since version 5.4)
· DRACOON for Outlook (since version 5.6)
Q1/2020 · DRACOON web app
· DRACOON for Windows/Mac
Minor improvements and optimizations
- Version 4.16 of DRACOON Server offers lots of minor improvements and optimizations. For example, restoring large amounts of files from the recycle bin is now much faster.
- Version 4.16 of DRACOON Server contains numerous bug fixes that resolve problems in DRACOON Server. These include a critical problem that deleted folders with more than 2,000 files could not be restored from the recycle bin.
For a detailed list of bug fixes, please refer to the technical release notes (see below).
Technical release notes
All changes in DRACOON Server 4.16 since the previous cloud release 4.14.4 are listed in the technical release notes: