Connection to DRACOON is only possible with NetApp StorageGRID Version 11.1 or later.
Settings in NetApp StorageGRID Webscale
- To integrate the S3 storage NetApp® StorageGRID® Webscale into your DRACOON, a bucket must first be created in the desired region:
- To do this, create a new bucket in the web interface of your StorageGrid by clicking Create Bucket with a desired, unique name and in the region you want.
- At the bottom of the dialog box, you can select whether to enable the Compliance option for this bucket.
If this option is enabled, the objects are held in the bucket for a specified amount of time.
- Afterward, the Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) must be configured:
Enter the following configuration in the text field, replace YOUR_URL with the URL of your DRACOON instance, and then save it by clicking Save:
<CORSConfiguration> <CORSRule> <AllowedOrigin>https://YOUR_URL</AllowedOrigin> <AllowedMethod>PUT</AllowedMethod> <AllowedMethod>POST</AllowedMethod> <AllowedMethod>GET</AllowedMethod> <AllowedMethod>DELETE</AllowedMethod> <AllowedHeader>*</AllowedHeader> <MaxAgeSeconds>3000</MaxAgeSeconds> </CORSRule> </CORSConfiguration>
- To allow your DRACOON to access the S3 storage, you must create corresponding credentials:
You can assign a limited lifetime to the Access Key or decide not to specify an expiration date.
- When saving the Access Key, the Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key are displayed once.
IMPORTANT: This is the only time when you can view the keys. It is therefore essential that you save it here, e.g. by clicking Download.
The settings in StorageGRID Webscale are now finished and S3 can be configured in DRACOON.
Settings in DRACOON
You must own the Configuration Manager role to specify the following settings.
- Log on to the DRACOON Web App, in the Toolbox, click System Settings > Storage, and then select the Configure S3 checkbox.
- Enter the URL of your S3 endpoint.
- Enter the Access Key and Secret Key that you saved in step 6 above.
- Enter the region of your bucket as specified in step 3 above.
- Finally, enter the name of your bucket (which was also specified in step 3 above) and click Save.
- After a short wait, you will be informed whether the configuration was successful or not by a notification in the upper right corner of the Web App:
Your NetApp StorageGRID is now successfully connected to your DRACOON.