With the new DRACOON for Windows, you can integrate your Data Space as a drive in Windows Explorer.
- Work comfortably with Data Space files in the familiar Windows environment
- Direct opening / saving of Data Space files from any Windows program
- Access to encrypted data rooms
- Quick sharing of Data Space files for other users to download
- High speed
You can download the installation package for windows here:
System requirements: Windows 7 (or higher).
DRACOON or Secure Data Space Version 4.2
- Double-click the downloaded file DRACOON for Windows Setup V126.96.36.19941.exe.
- The setup is launched. Click Install.
- The installation is carried out.
When the installation is complete, click Restart to restart Windows.
- In the Start menu, click on the entry DRACOON:
- The program is started and displayed as an icon in the notification area of the taskbar (near the time):
Note: If the DRACOON icon is not visible, click ^ to show more icons. If necessary, you can drag the DRACOON symbol to the taskbar with the mouse to keep it permanently visible.
- The dialog box for specifying server settings will appear at this point:
- For 1, select the authentication method of your data space.
- For 2, enter the server address of your data space.
- Click Connect to permanently bookmark the entry and connect to the specified data space.
- The dialog box for entering the access data is displayed:
Enter your username and password for the Data Space and click Login.
To avoid having to re-enter the data each time, you can select the Save password check box.
- If you use encrypted data spaces, you must provide your decryption password to access the encrypted files:
In the text box, enter your personal decryption password and click Continue.
- After successfully connecting to your data space, the following notification will be displayed:
Immediately, your Data Space will be available as a network drive in Windows Explorer and
in all Windows programs:
Additional operating instructions
- To make a file available for download from the Data Space to external users, right-click on the desired file. Then click Create Share Link in the context menu:
- To open the Data Space location of a file (Dataroom or Folder) in the Web browser, right-click the file, point to Open URL, and then click HTTPS URL:
- To disconnect from the Data Space drive, right-click the drive in Windows Explorer, and then click Disconnect:
Note: You can also disconnect the connection with the DRACOON client. To do this, right-click the DRACOON icon in the notification area of the task bar, point to the desired connection entry, and then click Disconnect in the menu that appears.
- To restore a disconnected connection to the Data Space drive, right-click the DRACOON icon in the notification area of the task bar, point to the desired connection entry, and click Connect:
Note: An established connection is automatically restored after each restart of Windows.
If you do not want this to happen and instead manually connect to it as needed, click Settings and deselect the Back up my environment check box.