DRACOON for Outlook version 5.2 or later
With Upload Shares, you can provide data rooms or folders in DRACOON for external users so that they can upload files there via their browser.
Create an Upload Share and send it via email
- While composing an email, in the ribbon, in the DRACOON group, click Attach, and then click Upload Share.
- The dialog box for creating an Upload Share appears.
Click the Change button to specify a data room or folder that you want to share for uploading.
- Select the data room or folder to be shared and click OK.
If you want to create a new folder for the share, click .
- You can now specify additional settings for sharing (see below for explanations).
- Click OK to create the share.
- A draft link for sharing is inserted into your email draft.
- Once you send the email, the share is finally created and the draft link in the email will be replaced with the final share link.
To track the usage of the sent upload share or to send the share link to other recipients later, you can use My shares.
By default, an upload share can be used by anyone who knows the share link.
If you want to restrict a share to a specific group of users, you can protect it with a password. The user of the share must first enter the password before it is possible to upload files.
- To activate password protection, enter any password that complies with the password policy in step 4 above in the Share password field.
- You can also click the dice button next to it to generate a random secure password.
- After specifying the password, click the button on the far right of the password field to copy the password to the clipboard.
- You must give the receipients the password so they can use the share. You should not include it in the email together with the share link for reasons of increased security; instead, send it to the recipient another way, such as via chat. For example, when chatting with the recipient, press
Vto insert and send the copied password. Alternatively, the password can be transmitted automatically via SMS if this is enabled in your DRACOON.
Advanced share settings
You can activate the following settings in step 4 above for each upload share:
- Notification by email for every upload: You will receive a notification email every time someone uploads and makes available files via this share.
- Showing a list of uploaded files publicly on the share website: On the share website, everyone can see which files have been uploaded by all users via this share. For example, this allows users to verify that someone has already uploaded an expected document and does not need to upload it again.
- Files with total size x MB: Sets a storage limit for this upload share. The limit applies to the mutual uploads of all users. Once the limit has been reached, no further uploading is possible. This setting prevents the upload of huge files or prevents the data room from being completely filled by uploads.
- Maximum x files allowed: Specifies that only x files can be uploaded through this share. If you enter "1" here and only make the share available to one user, you specify that the user can only upload one single file once. Once the limit has been reached, no further uploading is possible.
- Expires on: Specifies that the upload share is temporary. The date determines the last day on which the share can be used. Afterward, the share is automatically deleted. If you do not specify an expiration date here, the share remains active until you manually delete it, for example, under My shares.