DRACOON for Outlook version 5.2 or later
You can easily upload and save any files that you have received as email attachments in DRACOON.
Example: Save project documents received by email in the corresponding data room – team members involved in the project can then access them immediately.
Save all attachments of an email message in DRACOON
- Select the email whose attached files you want to save in DRACOON.
- In the ribbon, in the DRACOON group, the Save attachments button is enabled when the message contains attachments. Click the button.
- If you are saving an attachment in DRACOON for the first time, it has not been specified yet where in DRACOON the file should be stored.
In this case, DRACOON displays a corresponding message and then opens the Settings for saving received attachments.
- Click the Change button to set a future default location.
- Select the data room or folder in which attachments will be saved.
If you want to create a new folder, click .
- Click OK to save the selection as a new default.
- The attachments are being uploaded to the selected location in DRACOON.
For future save processes, steps 3-6 are eliminated because attachments are immediately uploaded to the specified default location. A single mouse click is then all that is necessary to save them.
Save individual attachments of an email message in DRACOON
If you do not want to save all, but only certain attachments of an email in DRACOON:
- Open the email from which you want to save individual attachments in DRACOON.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the attachment you want to save (or right-click the attachment directly), and then click Save in DRACOON.
- Steps 3-7 are the same as saving all attachments (see above).
Tipp: You can also save multiple attachments at once. Hold down the Ctrl key while clicking the attachments you want to select. Finally, click Save in the ribbon to save all selected attachments in DRACOON.
Option: Ask for save location each time instead of using a default location
When attachments are stored in DRACOON, they are always saved by default to the default location (data room or folder) that you specified in the settings. This allows for quick "saving off" of attachments in DRACOON with a single mouse click without annoying dialog boxes appearing. This method is particularly useful if you have created a specific folder (e.g. "Mail attachments") to be able to quickly file attachments in DRACOON that you will later move to approriate data rooms.
However, if you use a number of data rooms and want to select the appropriate room or folder for the attachments during every saving process, change the following setting:
- In the Outlook ribbon, in the DRACOON group, click Options, and then click Settings.
- In the left navigation pane, click Received attachments, and then select Ask every time.
- Each time you save an attachment in DRACOON, a dialog box appears, allowing you to explicitly specify settings for the saved attachments, which may differ from the default settings. You can also specify a different classification for the files and set an expiration date after which the files are automatically deleted from DRACOON.