Basically, you can work with encrypted data rooms in the same way as with unencrypted rooms. In our DRACOON clients for Windows and Mac as well as the apps for Android and iOS you will hardly notice anything of the encryption.
Nevertheless, the following limitations exist for technical reasons:
- The maximum file size (per file) is 60 GB.
- Copying or moving files from unencrypted data rooms to encrypted data rooms (and vice versa) is not possible. (However, files can be copied or moved from encrypted rooms to other encrypted rooms.)
- Thumbnails and previews for files (images and PDF documents) are not available.
- It is not possible to download multiple files as a single bundled zip file.
- Shares can only be created for files, but not for entire rooms or folders.
- Shares must be password protected.
- Share passwords cannot be sent via SMS.
- The data room cannot be accessed via WebDAV (Tip: Use our clients DRACOON for Windows or DRACOON for Mac, which support client-side encryption, instead).