With the new DRACOON for Windows, you can integrate your DRACOON as a drive in Windows Explorer.
- Work comfortably with DRACOON files in the familiar Windows environment
- Direct opening / saving of DRACOON files from any Windows program
- Access to encrypted data rooms
- Quick sharing of DRACOON files for other users to download
- High speed
You can download the installation package for Windows here:
System requirements: Windows 7 (or later)
DRACOON Version 4.12 (or later)
- Double-click the downloaded installation file.
- The setup is launched. Click Install.
- The installation is carried out.
When the installation is complete, click Restart to restart Windows.
- In the Start menu, click on the entry DRACOON:
- The program is started and displayed as an icon in the notification area of the taskbar (near the time):
Note: If the DRACOON icon is not visible, click ^ to show more icons. If necessary, you can drag the DRACOON symbol to the taskbar with the mouse to keep it permanently visible.
- The dialog box for specifying server settings will appear at this point:
- For 1, select the authentication method of your DRACOON.
- For 2, enter the server address of your DRACOON.
- Click Connect to permanently bookmark the entry and connect to the specified DRACOON.
- The dialog box for entering the access data is displayed:
Enter your username and password for the Data Space and click Login.
To avoid having to re-enter the data each time, you can select the Save password check box.
- If you use encrypted data rooms, you must provide your decryption password to access the encrypted files:
In the text box, enter your personal decryption password and click Continue.
- After successfully connecting to your DRACOON, the following notification will be displayed:
Immediately, your DRACOON will be available as a network drive in Windows Explorer and
in all Windows programs:
Additional operating instructions
- To make a file available for download from the DRACOON to external users, right-click the desired file. Then, click Create Share Link in the context menu:
- To open the DRACOON location of a file (data room or folder) in the Web browser, right-click the file, point to Open URL, and then click HTTPS URL:
- To disconnect from the DRACOON drive, right-click the drive in Windows Explorer, and then click Disconnect:
Note: You can also disconnect the connection with the DRACOON client. To do this, right-click the DRACOON icon in the notification area of the task bar, point to the desired connection entry, and then click Disconnect in the menu that appears.
- To restore a disconnected connection to the DRACOON drive, right-click the DRACOON icon in the notification area of the task bar, point to the desired connection entry, and click Connect:
Note: An established connection is automatically restored after each restart of Windows.
If you do not want this to happen and instead manually connect to it as needed, click Settings and clear the Back up my environment check box.