To integrate data room as a network drive via WebDAV, complete the following steps:
- Launch the file explorer.
- In the side bar, select This PC.
- If the file explorer menu is hidden, select the Computer tab to show the menu.
- Click the button Connect network drive.
- In the field Folder, enter the URL that is visible in your DRACOON web client when you click Connect as drive while viewing a data room. Copy this link and pay attention to upper and lower-case letters. The drive letter can be chosen freely, as long as it is not yet in use by a different drive on your computer.
- Enter the user name and password of the DRACOON account to which you want to gain access to.
Depending on the login method, the username must be entered in a format appropriate for that method:
- When logging in with your email address, it is sufficient to enter it in the Name field, e.g. email@example.com
- When logging in via an Active Directory account (see image above), the user name must be entered as follows: ad\username. Entering ad\ before the user name is mandatory in this case.
- If user name and password were successfully entered, the respective data room will now be connected to and visible as a network drive, so that files and folders can be edited and shared just like on a normal drive.
In case performance problems arise while accessing DRACOON via WebDAV, navigate to the menu tab Extras --> Internet options --> Connections --> LAN settings in Internet Explorer.
The check box by Detect settings automatically should not be ticked:
Launching the web client service is a requirement to successfully establishing a connection. This can be verified through the simultaneously using both keys of the keyboard shortcut Windows key and R. Continue by entering “services.msc” in the window that is now visible and verify by clicking OK.
Usually, the overview of all Windows services will now be visible. If this isn’t the case you need to contact your local administrator.
The status of the “WebClient” service must be “Started”. If this isn’t the case, the service can be started by clicking Start in the top left corner. If this isn’t possible, contact your local administrator.